Thursday, January 17, 2008

empty nest

Here is an odd sight. I delivered all my large paintings to the gallery the other day,
and now there is a big empty spot where they all were on my racks. Weird...


So now we only have three weeks until the opening. I still could use maybe one or two more smaller pieces to round out the show. I have these ones that i just sanded down. I work on wood panels mostly, and this is one of the advantages. You can get the palm sander out and get rid of stuff....





And this is what i had by the end of the day:




and this...



So the odds are pretty damn slim that i will finish even two out of these three in the remaining time. The opening is Feb 8. If just one of these finishes up, i will consider that pretty good. I am a very slow painter. I wish i could just dash them out, but such is my process. I am using a good amount of drier at this stage to speed up the process. Let's hope the magic happens.

The invitations for the show should be out soon. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

bugheart said...

do you paint
then sand down
all your
paintings?

Eero said...

The opening night is never the big relief I expect it will be. The big relief is always taking everything to the gallery and knowing it's a done deal.

Wish I could see these in person---they look very different from last years work.

E.