Thursday, January 24, 2008

two weeks to go

I was looking at the calendar, and i only have about two weeks left before the show. I don't know if any of these will finish up in time. Here's the update on what they look like after yesterday's work. This one seems to have some potential...




This one is probably the one i am guessing will finish up soon, although you never really know.



And this one i just don't know...



In other news, i was in the salvage store the other day and found a piece of marble that fits perfectly on my painting table. This painting table is one of my finest creations ever. I made it to suit my needs, and i had a piece of black granite to mix my paints on. I have suspected that the black was kind of skewing my colors, as all colors look very bright compared to black. As my colors do lean toward the dark muted side anyway, i thought a lighter shade for a mixing palate would be better. So i found this little beauty for twenty bucks. Fits perfectly. Of course the lovely light color will be stained pretty quickly, so here is a look at it now, before it gets completely stained:



And last, here are two racoons up in the tree in my backyard this morning. Kind of hard to see, but there they are, up against the trunk...


2 comments:

bugheart said...

i'll get you
other paintings
up this weekend.
please take
lots of
photos
at your
opening...
or have
little pearl
do it.

i don't know
how you know
when a painting
is done.

Eero said...

So how many hours a week are you spending painting?

I want to make some very personalized changes to my studio...it's too cluttered, needs organizing..but I also need more table space. Urgh. And I like to sleep in here....so I need a bed....and....and....