Thursday, June 5, 2008

stumped

I have decided to take a couple of weeks to do some work on paper, sketches, and some drawing from life. I dragged this old stump from my backyard into my studio...




And this is what i came up with.




This was like using a muscle that is a little out of shape. You can see how i got a little distracted on that second one. I haven't really done that much drawing from life in years, and i can see i need to do so, and much more often. I think it is important, although i can't exactly tell you why. I remember those years of life drawing back in art school, and i still consider it one of the best parts of my art education. Unfortunately, i don't have all that much time for it now. Which is why i am making some time, before i get all wrapped up in paintings.




And this is just something i was just having fun with on a big piece of paper. I may work on it some more. We'll see...

4 comments:

bugheart said...

i need to
do that too...
your life
drawings
are
just
amazing...

johnny said...

Funny...I have just been going thru the same revalation, as is JOE I believe....Must be something in the air....Love the drawings...beautiful....(that first one is very ANDREW WYETH...)...Keep it up...

johnny said...

I'm such a head case: I thought I was on SWEET PIXELS site....No more crack for me...No wonder it looked so different...

Eero said...

Hey! Johnny thought your good drawings were mine! Ha!