Monday, February 4, 2008

monday

So here is the painting that looks like it will finish up in time. This is what it was like on Friday:




And this is what it was after a few hour's work on sunday:




I think i can wrap this one up on time. Tomorrow is my last day to work on anything, as we hang the show on Thursday. It takes about a day for the paint to dry with these driers i am using. So one more session in the studio and we can call it done. I have to say, it's not the strongest piece in the show. In fact, none of these smaller ones are nearly as good as the big ones. Perhaps that is something i need to think about. Seems that the larger size works better for me. Here is one more that i worked on (and perhaps worked to death) on Sunday...




This is one i may have to write off. It would take a real act of the gods for it to come together.
We will see tomorrow. And here is my little boy, Jonah, who came all the way down the stairs to visit me in the studio:




Isn't he the cutest ever? So stay tuned and I will let y'all know how things go manana. And we hope to have pictures up on the website of all the new work just as soon as i get them photographed. One thing at a time...

2 comments:

bugheart said...

you put your
cute boy
on the blog
and no one's
gonna look
at your paintings!
good luck
tomorrow...
wish i was there.
xo

johnny said...

Wow!! He looks even older than when I saw him for x-mas....Tell him to stop growing so damn fast or unkle johnny won't get no time with him...