Monday, July 7, 2008

The end of a sketchbook

I have come to the end of a sketchbook that i have had for the last 3 years. It's kind of fun to look back through it and see the past years ideas and random drawings. Here are some highlights, in chronological order...



Time to throw out the old one and buy a new one. Actually, i said that so my sister would freak out. She always bugs me to keep everything when i tend to just get rid of things. Don't worry, jenny, i keep all my old sketchbooks, even dating back to art school. The high school ones went on a bonfire years ago. Just too embarrassing...

You can see as Jonah get older he gets more difficult to draw, as he doesn't sit still. I plan on doing more drawings from life in the next one. It's something i have neglected for a while, and it shows. I have already bought the next one, and will christen it soon.

4 comments:

Eero said...

Nice images---so much variance between pages. What size is the book?

I crank through a sketchbook a year at this point. I like Strathmore 9"x12". Big.

bugheart said...

please do keep them!
i plan to sell them
page by page
to finance
little j's
college education.

johnny said...

you had me about to pipe in too..."WAIT!!!? I'LL TAKE THEM!!!"...glad to see your not going insane....I hate you and yer beautiful drawings...

johnny said...

I'd buy this sketchbook, If only I had enough money to wave in yer fat face...